Questionnaire Result at Paris Manga 2013
We had a questionnaire during Paris Manga 2013 to Cosplayers especially I took photos. Most of cosplay events I attended were a lot of Cosplayers. Their cosplay are very professional and high-quality. I just wonder why they come to those Cosplay events and if they create their costume on their own or buy at a shop. Here is the interesting result. (The questionnaire had done in French. Je vous remercie tous les cosplayers qui ont répondu au questionnaire!!)
Q1 Age: How old are you?
Interestingly they are very young. I assumed that they were much older than the result because it was not easy to create the costume on their own and costly. The truth is that the majority cosplayers are 14-18 age.
Q2 Focus point: Where is a focus point on your costume today?
Most of people answered ‘Costume’ is the main point they focus on.
Q3 Handmade or Purchase?
This is the most interested question for us because it is hard to judge if they create the costume or buy at a store. The result is that 75% of cosplayers created their costume on their own and the rest of 25% purchase at a shop. Very interesting!
Q4 How much do you spend for today’s costume?
Wow!! 7 cosplayers spend over 100 euro to create their costume! What an expensive and valuable costume they have! The result shows that their costume is not so cheap in fact…
Q5 How often do you attend Cosplay events?
We have seen that cosplay events hold every weekend all over the France. We wonder how often they gather for those events. The data shows that the majority cosplayers attend the events 2-3 times in a month. It is quite often, isnt’ it?
Q6 Why do you come to Paris Manga 2013?
- I like Anime and Manga.
- To communicate with people
- Want to Cosplay
- To buy anime/manga goods
- To meet famous people
This is “multiple answers allowed”, so many people marked top3 choices. They came here to communicate with people, want to cosplay and also they love Anime and Manga:).
It’s very interesting result. I will think how I can reflect the result on my blog and photos.